FtW Bloggers Group

Sunday 14 February 2010

Weekend Tournament



Yesterday I attended a small one day tournament and played 3 games. I won 2 and lost 1 game ending 4th overall. I had a real blast.

Game 1:

I played against a really good Mechdar army. The mission was holding table quarters, but it didnt really matter. He had a couple of fire dragon squads, small council, 3 3-man jetbike squads, two lone vypers and 3 2-man squads of warwalkers. His army could pump out over 70 s6 shots a turn. He was fully entitled to his win.

Game 2: Killpoints.

The good ting in being tabled is that the next game is always ridiculously easy. This was no exception. I paired up against a marine army, that was clearly built from whatever models he had.

If it wasn't for my wraithlord failing his wraithsight and failing to bog down a squad of assault terminators (they can't wound him) I would have gotten full 20 points. The assault terminators however got 2 killpoints off me and the final killpoints difference was 4. I got 17 out of 20 points.

Game 3: 3 objectives.

This was my first game against a competitive nid list from the new book. He didnt have a tervigon, but he did have two trygon primarises. He also had a flyrant, two squads of Ymgarl Genestealers, three squads of Gaunts, 2 zoanthropes in a myscetic spore and a squad of warriors.

I didnt actually realise that I was going to table him until the last turns. Luckily the trygons came one at a time. The Genestealers and one trygon came on turn two. I baited one of the Ymgarl Genestealers by giving them a very juicy pathfinder squad in area terrain. He probably thought I was an idiot. His genestealers came and killed the pathfinders, only to be flamed and charged by one of my wraithlords.

I shot at the trygon and finished him off with my avatar. The second Ymgarl unit charged my avatar later and were killed by him. When the second trygon came I was ready and charged him with both my banshees and the avatar. I doomed him and managed to take him down.

In the end my avatar had killed 2 trygon primarises and a squad of super genestealers, but he died to spinegaunts...

My monstrous creatures really carried me through this game, meating the genestealers and monstrous creatures head on. Even the Flyrant didnt stand a chance against my wraithlord. I won 20-0

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is in no way affiliated with Games Workshop. Any and all Intellectual Property contained on this blog is used without licensed permission from Games Workshop, no harm intended.