FtW Bloggers Group

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Meet the Martian(s)




(Everybody welcome Toni, a new guest writer for my blog. He is a true masochist, playing daemons at a competitive level. -Aleksi)



Hello folks! Greetings from Toni Salenius, nick Joo-o in various forums. As a gw I'm more than glad to do my bit for the blog and add diversity in form of my own views and goings. Thought about a debute article, and what would be better topic for a one than Demons of Chaos and an upcoming tournament!

As I started playing Demons a month back I'm still not so comfy with the as I'd be with some other armies. Still, their playstyle has struck me, and I feel pretty strong about them being my "main" army atleast for a while. I've already faced one bigger tournament with them, and finished right in the middle of the group. Could've done less mistakes, could've rolled the dice better, but that's the spirit of the game. Now, I'm rallying my forces for following Saturday, as there's a smaller tourney in our local gamestore. 3 games, 14 players, 2 objective and 1kp scenario. I have been putting an effort to bring my game up and fix my list, but haven't yet made a breakthrough. If I put this in, I lose that, and I need that too, but how about... Endless circle. Here are 2 final one's, limited by my models (and blindness? Prove me wrong):

Fateweaver
Bloodthirster
4 Crushers: Fury, Icon, Instrument
4 Crushers: Fury, Instrument
5 Fiends: Might
3x5 Plaguebearers
2xDemon Prince: MoT, Bolt
Demon Prince: MoS, Pavane, AoA

or

Fateweaver
3x4 Crushers: (2 units with Fury, Instrument, 1 unit with Fury, Icon)
3x5 Plaguebearers
2x Herald Of Tzeentch: MoS, Chariot, Bolt of Tzeentch
2xDemon Prince: MoT, Bolt, Gaze
Demon Prince: Mos, Pavane, AoA

What do you guys think? Which is better? Or a mixup? Bomb me with ideas. I'll be reporting how the tournament went and write some battlereports later on. Wish me luck! If I prevail I'll be like Banelings, Banelings, Banelings Ooo Ooo Ooooo.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzMhh8zhTiY -Aleksi)

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is in no way affiliated with Games Workshop. Any and all Intellectual Property contained on this blog is used without licensed permission from Games Workshop, no harm intended.