FtW Bloggers Group

Monday 19 October 2009

New Templar list

Hi!

I've been toying around with a triple vindicator list but I have to admitt, I havent tried it on the field yet (all comments and criticism are welcome). Here's the 1500pts. list.

Emperors champion

no need for other HQ really

5 termies w/ assault cannons and tank hunters

5 termies w/ assault cannons and tank hunters

some of you may be asking: "why didnt you take cyclones with the tank hunters?"
I feel, that although expensive, these guys pack a punch to take out all those transports, I need out of the way of my vindicators. The assault cannon has more shots, and at str 7 (6+ tankhunters) and 4 shots, it's rather squashy.

5 Crusaders w/ missile launcher
rhino w/ extras and smokes



5 Crusaders w/ missile launcher
rhino w/ extras and smokes

rhinos with old smokes are almost impregnable for a turn, just the turn I need. The missiles are for taking out those pesky transports again.

5 Stormtroopers

5 Stormtroopers

Still took the cheap troops choices. TBH my opponents rarely care to target the stormtroopers, so the low squad size and bad stat line doesnt matter, they'll just stay in reserve come on my board edge and take the closest objectives.

Vindicator w/ power of the machine spirit

Vindicator w/ power of the machine spirit

Vindicator w/ power of the machine spirit

aaaah the sweet nectar, 3 big blasts that can shoot every turn unless, you damage the cannon or blow up the whole damn thing. yes they are 150 points each, but they do pack a punch.

So Thats it. Please leave your comments. Do you feel this has enough antitank? how about the highly low model count. Is the PoTMS on the vindicators too much? How about the tank hunters? As a side note, I really like the look of this list, and will test it on the battlefield asap. Maybe I can even gather a battlereport of it, but I'd love to play that testgame after you guys have given some input.


No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is in no way affiliated with Games Workshop. Any and all Intellectual Property contained on this blog is used without licensed permission from Games Workshop, no harm intended.