FtW Bloggers Group

Saturday 2 May 2009

New Guard

Today I picked up the new guard 'dex. I had read it quite a few times at my LHS but getting it home I really had a chance to read all the special rules. I just realised how damn good sanctioned psykers are now.

The battle psykers have 2 powers, 1 makes a large blast (str equal to amount of models in unit) and the other weakens enemy ldr. Both are range 36".

The primaris psyker can either do 2d6 str 6 ap 5 hits, or obscur the unit the psyker is with (enemies must pass a ld check or they wont shoot at all).
I played a game with my dad using three full units of battle psykers (thats 10-man squads) and a primaris psyker (a hq choice). I used a solid block of infantry to drain all the enemy fire, than I used my 3 griffons, valkyrie and psykers to dish out 8 large blasts a turn, than I started usin the other psyker power, that drops the target unit's ld by the amount of psykers in the squad. Combining that with the griffons and rocket pods, I managed to flee enemy units off the board for losing 3 guys (and the units fleeing were tooled up ig vets). All this time I had a 20 man infantry mob and a 35-man conscript mob sinking enemy fire. In the end I called the second wave with the conscripts (giving my dad a kill point) and lost 1 psyker squad, winning the game 7-2 (killpoints).

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is in no way affiliated with Games Workshop. Any and all Intellectual Property contained on this blog is used without licensed permission from Games Workshop, no harm intended.