FtW Bloggers Group

Monday 23 January 2012

Army Showcase: Dark Eldar Corsairs

Photobucket
Sorry for the bad pics (and apparently there is some black paint on the lens)


I decided to do a post showing some pictures of my Dark Eldar army that I have tuned up for a small tournament on Saturday. It is themed around Eldar corsairs, and game technically is a venomspam build.

Photobucket

It was originally the ravager that I fell in love with from the new Dark Eldar range, and since I had some old Dark Eldar models gathering dust in the corners of my room, I decided to expand that to a fullscale army.

Photobucket

I've repainted this army a couple of times. In the end what brought me to this current scheme was that I wanted a bright and striking colour scheme. In my opinion, lighter and more striking themes stand out better on the battlefield (which these models are for). I chose Hawk Turquiose as the colour I would build my paint scheme around.

Photobucket

There are my latest additions to the force. I bought some hellions, and converted one of my archons into a new Baron model (a scourge-like figure), so that it would better stand out from the group. In addition to Hawk Turqiouse, I used green and red as contrasting colours in the force. Bone I used on some of the infantry to bring some variety to the colour scheme and white has been used to mark out veterans, like trueborn and incubi.

Photobucket

Originally when I bought this army, there were no models for venoms. I bought 8 raiders instead. Over the course of about a year, I've toyed around with venom conversions, starting with a 'small sized raider' and eventually leading to this concept. The sails below the venoms are the latest addition. I really loved the sails in the new Dark Eldar range, and wanted to implement them into the venoms. In my opinion, they look pretty sweet.

Photobucket

I chose a mars-like desert for the bases, to contrast with the blue colour scheme, and it works quite well imo. The painting is not exceptionally good, but imo it is very good for 'tabletop' quality, and looks pretty nice on the battlefield. There hasn't been that much kitbashing with the infantry models, but a lot of time was put into the venoms, and overall small conversions and the different colour scheme makes this a very unique army.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This blog is in no way affiliated with Games Workshop. Any and all Intellectual Property contained on this blog is used without licensed permission from Games Workshop, no harm intended.